It is crucial that COEO work together with other organizations towards common goals. Recent examples include:
- Planning a joint September 2005 Conference with EECOM (The Canadian Network for Environmental Education) and OSEE (The Ontario Society for Environmental Education)
- Sharing articles and perspectives in the COEO and OSEE journals
- Renewed participation on the Ontario Teachers Curriculum Forum
- Working with Environmental Education Ontario (EEON) to help promote their new document Greening the Way Ontario Learns: A Public Strategic Plan for Sustainability Education
- In the coming months, COEO will look at viable ways to collaborate with others in order to summarize research that points to tangible and important outcomes for outdoor education.